Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Guatemalan photos

Dear Parents,

I had a wonderful, albeit quick, visit in Guatemala!  Thank you for helping to make it happen.  My host mother was so surprised that I was able to be there and I had a chance to visit many beloved friends, whom I hadn't seen in 15 years!  Please enjoy these photos.  I have shared some, but not all, of these with the class today.

Fondly,
Sandy Henry
Volcanoes near the capital

Driving through Guatemala City

Vendors selling produce in my town of Guastatoya

My host mother

Giving her first pastoral benediction

Meeting new "family" members

A clown juggles as he begs for money at a red light

Pastors, elders and deacons pray for my host mom

My Guatemalan "family"

The baby Sandy, who was named after me, is now 15 years old!

A typical Guatemalan breakfast: eggs, bacon, black beans and fresh cheese- with tortillas and coffee, of course!

Helping to take down Christmas decorations